Revise the language needed to find the way round town, to
find out about amenities and to go shopping.
Activities 1 and 2 from the Talk Russian book can be used to assess
listening skills in the context of understanding simple directions and opening times.
- Activity 3 can be used to assess the understanding of prices.
- Activity 8 can be used as a model for learners to describe very simply their own town,
saying where they live, whether they live in a house or flat, what there is nearby and
what can be found in the centre of town. These accounts could be presented as portfolio
The following could be used either as tutor-learner or learner-learner role plays or as
information gap activities with pre-prepared information supplied to one partner.
- Task 1 Asking guide in Russian hotel for some local information:
- whether the museum is nearby
if its open today
where the shops are
if theyre open on Sunday.
- Task 2 Going shopping to buy:
- something to eat and drink for a picnic
postcards and stamps
souvenirs to take home.